The Urgency of Disarmament November 29, 2023 at 7:00pm - 9pm Eastern Time (US & Canada) Scandinavia House 58 Park Ave 2nd Floor New York, NY 10017 United States Contact person: Joseph Gerson
The Treaty for Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons is a critically important vehicle in the struggle to prevent nuclear war and to create a nuclear weapons-free world.
But it’s not enough!
With the tectonic geopolitical changes and intensifying confrontations between great and lesser nuclear powers and proliferation pressures from Seoul to Tehran, and arms racing with nuclear “modernization”, cyber, AI, and other high-tech weaponry, we respond to the urgency of the moment.
Join us for a unique and uniquely important forum which will feature
- Setsuko Thurlow, Hiroshima Hibakusha and co-recipient of Nobel Peace Prize on behalf of ICAN
- Reiner Braun - International Peace Bureau
- Jackie Cabasso – Western States Legal Foundation & Mayors for Peace
- Emad Kiyaei – Middle East Treaty Organization
- Molly McGinty - International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War
- Tom Unterrainer, Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament & Bertrand Russell Peace Foundation.
Organized by: International Peace Bureau, Peace Action New York State, Brooklyn For Peace, and Campaign for Peace, Disarmament and Common Security, Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung New York Office