Executive Assistant (100%)
ICAN is looking for an Executive Assistant to organise the day to day activities of the Executive Director while also assisting in operational functions of the organization.
The Executive Assistant’s responsibilities include administrative tasks such as managing calendars, making travel arrangements and preparing expense reports, but also operational tasks such as liaising with governments and partners, developing talking points and meeting summarizes.
To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have great time management skills and be able to act without guidance. You have a strong interest in political affairs campaigning and have strong communications skills.
We are looking for someone with 2-3 years of experience who will bring innovation and ideas that will enhance our organisation and will quickly adapt to a dynamic environment.
SUMMARY OF JOB AND PURPOSE:
The primary purpose of ICAN’s Executive Assistant is to support, facilitate and enable the work of the Executive Director through effective and accountable administrative and operational support. The Executive Assistant organizes the day to day work of the Director, including scheduling, meetings and travel arrangements, as well as support the smooth running of ICAN’s operations.
The Executive Assistant will report directly to the Executive Director and work in close cooperation with the rest of the staff team.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acting as the point of contact for the Executive Director.
- Managing calendar, meetings and travel for the Executive Director.
- Organising events and meetings involving internal and external stakeholders and liaising with other teams and external participant
- Ensures smooth and efficient communication and information flow; prepares and processes confidential information; assists in the development of office administrative systems and procedures.
- Researches, compiles and summarizes background materials for use in preparation of reports, meetings, briefs, speeches, etc.
- Attends meetings, prepares minutes, monitors follow-up activities
- Responds or drafts responses to a wide range of correspondence and other communications; uses standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
- Manages, updates and further develops internal databases and archives;
- Carries out quality control function for outgoing documents; proofreads and edits texts for adherence for format, grammar, punctuation and style.
- Responds to information requests and inquiries.
- University degree
- 2-3 years of professional experience
- Fluent in English (French is also desirable)
- An interest in political affairs and political campaigning
- High level of accuracy, efficiency and professionalism required.
- High level of planning and organization skills
- Attention to detail and able to work autonomously
100% contract, preferably located in Geneva, Switzerland. Occasional travel will be required. Salary: 75'000 CHF/year.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply by sending their CV and cover letter in PDF to [email protected] with "Executive Assistant" in the subject line by 27 November 2021.
ICAN is firmly committed to having a diverse team and to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or sex characteristics, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, including women, persons of colour, LGBTIQ+ candidates, persons with disabilities and other groups.