ICAN partnership form
Any non-governmental organization is eligible to become an ICAN Partner Organization. No joining fee or annual subscription is required, though financial and other relevant contributions are most welcome.
ICAN is a global campaign coalition working to mobilize people in all countries to inspire, persuade and pressure their government to initiate and support negotiations for a treaty banning nuclear weapons. ICAN calls on states, international organizations, civil society organizations and other actors to:
- Acknowledge that any use of nuclear weapons would cause catastrophic humanitarian harm.
- Acknowledge that there exists a universal humanitarian imperative to ban nuclear weapons, even for states that do not possess these weapons.
- Acknowledge that the nuclear possessors have an obligation to eliminate their nuclear weapons.
- Take immediate action to support a multilateral process of negotiations for a treaty banning nuclear weapons.
Partner Organizations agree to:
- Promote ICAN’s objective of a treaty banning nuclear weapons in their work and identify publicly with ICAN.
- Keep ICAN informed of their plans and activities in support of ICAN’s objective and operate non-violently.
Partner Organizations are entitled and encouraged to:
- Sign up to ICAN’s e-mail list of Partner Organizations to receive campaign updates and information about decisions of the International Steering Group (ISG) and request the ISG to consider any campaign-related issue.
- Request, use and publicize ICAN materials in accordance with ICAN’s communications policies, and seek technical, financial and strategic support from the ISG and International Staff Team.
For more information or to apply for partnership, please send an email to email@example.com.
Completed applications will be considered by the international steering group as soon as possible. When your application has been accepted, your organization will be listed on this website as a partner organization.