ICAN Civil Society Forum
More than 500 campaigners from 70 countries gathered in Oslo, Norway, from 2 to 3 March 2013 for the ICAN Civil Society Forum, with the aim of ramping up efforts to get negotiations started on a treaty banning nuclear weapons. The two-day forum included presentations by international policy and military experts, the Red Cross and UN representatives.
- Martin Sheen, social activist and award-winning actor
- Terumi Tanaka, survivor of the Hiroshima atomic bombing
- Karipbek Kuyukov, victim of nuclear testing in Kazakhstan
- John Dear, Jesuit priest and renowned peace activist
- Gry Larsen, Norwegian state secretary
- Ward Wilson, author of Five Myths about Nuclear Weapons