Donate to ICAN Australia
Former UN secretary-general Ban Ki-moon once said: “The world is over-armed and peace is under-funded.” By making a recurring donation to ICAN, you can help change this. Our “BANefactors” are generous individuals who donate a small sum of money each month for the abolition of nuclear weapons.
Nuclear-armed nations spend over $100 billion ever year maintaining and upgrading their nuclear arsenals. We hope that you can spare just a few dollars to help ICAN build a safer world. If we fail to act, sooner or later our luck will run out – and the consequences will be catastrophic. Disarmament saves lives.
Donate by phone:Call (03) 9023 1958
Donate by cheque:
Please make your cheque payable to ICAN Australia and send it to:ICAN Australia PO Box 1379 Carlton VIC 3053
Donate by direct deposit:Account name: ICAN Australia Inc BSB: 633 000 Account number: 140361197
Born in Australia
With our small budget, we have already had a major impact on global policy-making. In 2017 we were awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for our “ground-breaking efforts” to achieve a treaty-based prohibition on nuclear weapons. This was the first time the prize had ever gone to an Australian-born group or individual.
At the United Nations in July 2017, 122 governments voted to adopt the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons. This new legal instrument provides a pathway forward at a time of alarming global crisis. Much work still lies ahead – and we need your help to ensure that the treaty achieves its aims.
Your donation will enable us to:
- Coordinate campaign activities across Asia–Pacific – a region whose support will be crucial to the success of the treaty
- Enlist the help of parliamentarians across the political spectrum to ensure that Australia signs and ratifies the treaty
- Educate the public about the catastrophic consequences of the use of nuclear weapons and the importance of the treaty
- Amplify the voices of Aboriginal and Pacific nuclear test survivors, including by facilitating their involvement in UN meetings
- Safeguard the future of our shared planet and its many peoples.